Thursday, June 22, 2006

How I Amuse Myself

You all know about my job. It's boring. It's slow. There are rarely any assignments for me to do and when there are, it's either the dreaded Impossible Research, or proofreading...in which case I could probably write an inappropriate limerick all over the margins and no one would even notice because they practically never make my changes.

So I find ways to amuse myself. Usually this includes the aid of crossword puzzles and the Internet, but on a rare occasion my job will unexpectedly throw something funny at me. I am amused easily - to the point of ridiculous some might say. I mean, I can be on the phone with Brett and he'll just be talking and I think something comes out a slightly funny way and, if I am in just the right mood, I will start cracking up to where it goes into silent laughter mode, and then Brett is all, "WHY are you laughing?? I didn't even do anything!" and will get honestly annoyed.

But sometimes, sometimes, I giggle for good reason. Here are just a couple of examples from earlier today.

Exhibit A:
From everybody's favorite Engrish site:



Exhibit B:
My assignment today is to make up a list of utility companies so we can send them our brochure in hopes of attaining a few more clients. I was looking through the results on an online yellow pages site and this is what I saw:

A Quik Dump

Kansas City, MO 64151


Exhibit C:
Moving on after my brief laughing fit, I called this purported oil company.

Someone answers and I start my spiel, "Hi, my name is Brianne, I'm with PTK Communications, I'm making a..." but then I'm interrupted by, "I'm Stevie." A little kid answered the phone. Kids are so dang cute. It just caught me off guard so I go, "Ohhh-kay, I think I got a wrong number," and the little kid says, I'm assuming talking to a parent, "It's a wrong number." hehe

Exhibit D:
If the daily comics fail to satisfy my cartoon addiction, I turn to the Garfield vault.

*blogger was being so good, so cooperative...I think that first picture did it in, though.*

Exhibit E:
Dave Barry always has the best stuff on his blog. fyi: the link to his blog is just to the right of this entry.

The following text courtesy of Dave Barry:

"IF YOU SEE JUST ONE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO DESIGNED TO TEACH JAPANESE SPEAKERS, VIA AEROBICS INSTRUCTORS, WHAT TO SAY WHEN THEY ARE BEING ROBBED BY TWO ENGLISH-SPEAKING MEN, ONE OF WHOM IS WEARING HIS HEAD BANDANA BACKWARD

...make it this one."

He also gave me this laugh:

Exhibit F:

Flag-Stealing Baboons

Well I don't know about you, but I am all chuckled-out!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?