Monday, May 01, 2006

Weekend in Review

Brett and I had a little getaway to the Lake of the Ozarks. We both had Friday off and headed out. We arrived at beautiful Osage Beach in the early evening. Well, as beautiful as it could be in cold, rainy weather. It rained the whole time. But we had planned on this for the past two weeks so we were just going to suck it up and make the most of it. Our helpful props in this endeavor? A small bottle of Jagermeister and some wine. The alcohol did its job! We had a BLAST. We went to the restaurant by the hotel to order some food and thought, why not take a tequila shot? Then we ran down by the water while we were waiting on our food. That is a STEEP hill, let me tell you. We had some problems trying to get back up. The sidewalk didn't like us too well. Later on that evening I had the brilliant idea to get in the shower. I proceeded to slip and fall flat on my butt - hard. It didn't phase me at the time, but I woke up the next morning to a bruised ass bone. Have any of you ever bruised an ass bone?? It hurts!!

The rain decided to stop for a few hours on Saturday so Brett and I took advantage and rented a Jon Boat. I had no idea what to look forward to. As it turns out, this is a Jon Boat. As the guy is showing us how to run it, he goes, "This isn't a big deal but there's a small hole at the front of the boat." Umm, what? Is that supposed to calm my nerves?? The water is choppy, it is windy as all get out, and he tells us there is a HOLE at the front of the boat? Fan-frickin'-tastic. Luckily, Brett knows how to run a boat and did so beautifully. But goodness - we hit some waves that were so large, we bounced on our seats quite viciously. Not so fun. But the waters eventually calmed down and it wasn't bad at all, just chilly.

That night, I subjected Brett to the poison that is Shoney's. I felt (feel) terrible!! We went to Shoney's every now and then when I was a kid and just because I wanted to relive an insignificant childhood memory, Brett got a mild bout of food poisoning. He was sick that evening and all day Sunday. I think I had built up an immunity to Shoney's food so it didn't bother me. Poor Brett!

Saturday night at 11:30 I got a call from a friend saying that Jessica had gone into labor. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got another call at 6:30 a.m. saying she had her baby. Awwwwwwwwwwww..... Jessica called me herself last night which surprised me. She told me a couple of weeks ago that everyone was saying to her, "Call me when the baby is born!" and she was saying how she didn't want to call everyone right away so she had Baby Daddy, Paul, and some other people call everyone up. Besides, I knew she'd be exhausted and preoccupied with her new bundle of joy. So imagine my surprise when she called me at 9:30 last night! A bit shocked. His name is Gage (not sure if I'm spelling that right), he's 8 pounds and 20.25" with a full head of brown hair and, of course, blue eyes. When she called me I could hear him crying in the background. He sounded sooooooo adorable!!!!!!! I cannot WAIT to see him. He's got a warm, roomy crib to sleep in because of his Aunt Brianne. I'm not really his aunt but I am dubbing myself as such.

Ok, so you are from Wichita??? I am from Inman, KS in between Hutchinson and McPherson! Anyhoo, the Hawaiian Tropic lotion is called Island glow. I didn't find it in the section with the regular lotion but at Wal-Mart they have a big display with all of the tanning oils and suncreen . . . that's where you'll find the lotion. I got the medium color. It works really well and doesn't smell as bad as the Jergens. Cheers!
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?