Thursday, April 27, 2006

I'm feeling the winds of change...

Oh so much has happened. I did chop my hair off. Most people probably wouldn't consider it "chopped off" but it used to hang to the middle of my back and now it hangs to right at my shoulder blades so that's chopped off enough for me. It's blonder again. It looks fabulous! Once I get a picture, I'll post it.

Brett got into nursing school!!!!!!!! I am SO proud of him. And so excited for him. He has been waiting for this for so long, and after last year's completely unreasonable rejection, he deserved it more than anyone. Last night, I bought him a great small vineyards bottle of wine: Carazita. It is worth checking out. Also, I got him a card, and then Neil bought everyone Indian food, Brett's current favorite. He starts in August. One of the many impending celebrations (I'm sure) is tonight. And I know something he doesn't know.... :)

I caught up with the rest of the world and read The Da Vinci Code. Wow. That is the most concise way to put my review of it. But you all aren't so lucky, because I'm not stopping there today! It was probably the best book I have ever read in my life. I am not kidding. What made it so intriguing was all of the factual historical information! I was glued to my computer the whole way through it so I could bring up the different paintings and Google at my whim whatever I didn't know about. It makes me want to go back to the Louvre more than ever. I wish I would've paid more attention the first time around. I was right by some of the mentioned paintings and didn't even give them a second glance! I am kicking myself for it now. But I have vowed to make it back to Europe one of these days and by God I intend to! The famous Louvre pyramids - I have pictures of them all. With all of the information I gleaned from the book (with the help of the Internet), they are 10 times as fascinating. Did you know that the huge pyramid in front of the Louvre is made up of exactly 666 panes of glass? Interesting.... I can't really say anymore just in case a Da Vinci Code virgin is reading this. But - WOW. It made my mind spin. In a great way.

It must be Take Your Daughter (or Young Female Relative) To Work Day. Deanna came in this morning with her neice, who I am going to assume is around 12 or 13? I could be wrong but I think that's an accurate guess. I remember those days. I think I just stayed at home. But I found myself trying to look at this place from the neice's point of view. I would definitely rather be here than in middle school. The freedom to run errands, go to lunch wherever you please and just, well, be a responsible adult, is exhilirating! Compare that to being surrounded by peers of your own age and everyone is going through puberty and teasing abounds (especially in my unfortunate case way back when).... ick. No thank you. Makes a person really appreciate their job no matter how much they don't like it!

I've goofed off all morning. It's time to get cracking. On what? You guessed it: more impossible research....

Comments:
You finally read The Da Vinci Code? Well, I guess I'm the last person on earth to not read it. But I did get this Da Vinci Code cyber-scavenger hunt invite. You'd probably enjoy it and maybe even win that trip to Europe.

(Sorry if this sounds like spam. I'm just sayin')
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?