Monday, February 27, 2006

Work Musings

This morning, I was asked to write an introductory letter about the company intended for potential clients. What started out as cheese-tastic [the first line was a question befitting of the zaniest infomercials followed by the obvious this-approach-sounds-too-good-to-be-true statement] miraculously turned into professional poetry. How does this happen? Perhaps the more important question is, why doesn't this happen more often? Is there a proverbial switch somewhere? I can't find it! Maybe it's the delicate balance of my breakfast ensemble. Maybe my karma was good for whatever reason, I don't know. But after a rocky start the words just started flowing. I'm becoming prouder of my work with each passing assignment! I think they just need to give me a steady flow of work because otherwise, my brain turns to mush.

On a more tragic note, the brochure I wrote for a client that I was so proud of I even showed it off to my boyfriend and roommate who really couldn't care less (it's about MOLD - I can't say I blame them), was wiped off the slate and replaced with crap of the purest form per our client's request. Y'know, they hired us for a reason. If they're not going to listen to our suggestions (I say "our" because the guy who heads this project completely agreed with my copy), then they should stop wasting our time. I had to proofread this new copy no less than six times. It pained me. It literally pained me. There were parts that just didn't mesh well at all with the flow of the sentence but nooooooo. They didn't want a single word changed. But hey, if they want to sound uneducated - fine. It's out of my hands anyway.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?