Friday, October 07, 2005

Life Gem

This is rather odd. I just read an article about what you can do with your loved ones after they're cremated - turn them into diamonds. Yes - this is true. Apparently they take your loved one's ashes and heat them at very high temperatures under special conditions and the carbon is turned into graphite. The graphite is placed in one of their diamond presses, and finally they cut your diamond to your specifications. You can get upwards of 20 diamonds out of one person. It's pretty pricey, as all jewelry is, ranging from $3,000-$4,500 per diamond. And the only colors you have to choose from are blue and yellow (hey my high school colors!). It ranges from very light to very dark shades.

That would be an interesting solution. They're going for a celebration of life and that's awesome. You can go around, looking down at your ring fondly and tell people, "Yep, that's my aunt Silvia," or whomever. I'd kind of like to do that! Of course when I have to worry about it I'll be much older with lots more money and could be able to afford it. I just really liked that idea. It's strange, yes, but intriguing (and pretty) nonetheless.

You should check it out at www.lifegem.com.

Other than that what's going on in the life of Bri? Not much. Although I did receive my check from closing my savings account so I am so close to buying my keyboard!! I don't know if I want to do it tomorrow or if I want to wait until I get my paycheck next week so I can buy a bench and a stand as well. I'm so excited. I've waited for this for a long time now.

It was so chilly this morning. When I left the apartment I had on a thick turtleneck sweater and a sweatshirt over that. Plus leg warmers under my jeans. I left my coats and scarves and hats down in Wichita.

I'll leave you with three quotes from Dave Barry because he is the awesome-est:

"The reason it's called 'Grape Nuts' is that it contains 'dextrose,' which is also sometimes called 'grape sugar,' and also because 'Grape Nuts' is catchier, in terms of marketing, than 'A Cross Between Gerbil Food and Gravel,' which is what it tastes like."

"People who want to share their religious view with you almost never want you to share yours with them."

I especially think this one is great after my many years in the service industry.

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."

Amen Mr. Barry.

Comments:
Consider it corrected, my darling. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?